The One, or so I thought

When I sit down and think, he saw me when I was invisible.
 I never would have guessed he would be interested in me, not in the least, anyway. 
I liked his height, just right,good enough for me. 
One look into his eyes made my heart literally skip a beat and my legs feel like jello.  
His lips soft and tender and just made everything i had going on just melt away when his locked with mine. 
He spoke intelligently which was captivating as well as engaging.
He was focused, he made me work harder and smarter, made me better, haha, he was my hero.
He made me laugh, every moment with him left me smiling for so long a period, it was crazy!
He understood me, or so I thought, we clicked, had chemistry, probably was just a lie or too good to be true.
We shared our dreams, our aspirations and even in the tough times, we uplifted each other.
For me, like was turning into love, and it was an experience, 'cause I don't love easily. 
Though we were busy and far from each other, not so far really, a bus ride away, we saw each other, went on dates, but there was no denying it. 
Even now, I do not know why we ignored it, we were worlds apart, we were maybe, trying to make things work, but we ended up forcing issues.
The calls began to be scanty, texts became rare, e-mails had never been so we were not communicating.
Then the obvious was sensed and the truth had to be admitted. We were, ever slowly drifting far apart from each other.
The smile I put on his face, the way he told me I was always on his mind, all of it, had gone, disappeared without a trace.
We went from this:
                                    to this:                          
Now, looking  back, maybe I was naive, stupid, dumb even, for thinking a guy like him would want to be with me.
It was good while it lasted, it was a lesson learned and, well, I am now wiser.
I wish him well and all the love. No love lost. I will love again.



Comments

Popular Posts